Monday, May 26, 2008

In Memory



To me, Memorial Day always meant the end of school and the beginning of summer.  I didn't care much for going to the cemetaries to visit our ancestors.  However, things have changed.  I have lost some very dear relatives that I miss very much.  I am now grateful for the opportunity to remember them, their legacy and to teach my children about these wonderful people.  The most recent that we've lost is Jared's dad, Tom, and my Uncle Clayton Merkley.  I miss that my boys won't get to know their Grandpa Johnson very well and that they won't remember the times they had with him.  He was a generous, kind and loving man.  I am so grateful to have a husband who loves and tries to emulate his father.  My Uncle Clayton was always the life of the party.  He loved to laugh, tease and enjoy life.  We miss him and his laughter very much.  It almost doesn't seem real.  There are many others who have been an influence in my life and I will be eternally gracious of their lives and for their legacy.  I hope I can be worthy to be called their posterity.  We miss you and we love you.

1 comment:

Nat and Bob said...

Your blog is wonderful of course! Your always so thoughtful.What a sweet memorial. Love you!