Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Updates...finally!!





I'm sorry that I haven't updated our blog. We've been a bit busy, but that's not why. I lost the cord that goes from my camera to the computer. I've had to put up quite a battle to get a new one... Anyways, battle over, I have a new one and here are our pictures!


Owen finished out his year in kindergarten last week. He loved his teacher Mrs. Hughes and said he will miss her and his friends. I can't believe that he will go to first grade next year!! He also lost his bottom two teeth the last two weeks of school. He was so excited! He was so brave, too, he pulled them out all by himself. I thought it might be a torturous event, but he made it quite easy for us. The tooth fairy that comes to our house is kind of a ditz. First time she almost couldn't find the tooth and then she almost forgot the second time. Tooth Fairy needs to get her act together! Last week Owen got to play with his good friend Andrew Davis. It was like they just picked up where they left off last time. They both like the same things and have so much fun together. He slept overnight and all three boys played so well together and had so much fun. They were sad to part. We'll get to see them sooner than later, but just not soon enough.

Aidan is just having fun being a kid. He likes to play with Owen and with the neighbors. He still plays lots of trains, ride his bike, and go swimming. He still remembers our trip to Disneyland and the many rides on the Casey Jr. (Dumbo) train and loves to play it on his bike and wherever we go. He's so cute and sings about everywhere he goes. His favorites are the Aggie Fight song, NASCAR racing song, Popcorn Popping, Casey Jr. song, Wonder Pets, Signing Time, and others he learns from me or in nursery. It's quite cute and he's quite the kid. It's always crazy when Aidan's around.

Jared and I got new callings in church. I'm the Primary Secretary and Jared is one of the Elder's Quorum teachers. It's bittersweet having a calling--nice for something to do and feel useful, but now we can't come and go as we please. Not that we've got a lot going, but I think you know what I'm talking about. I'm happy with my calling and the women that I will be working with are pretty awesome. Jared will get to help the Elder's Quorum presidency teach at least once a month. So that's new. We're getting ready to go to a family reunion in Manti with my mom's family. I think it will be fun.

Anyways, keep in touch and I hope everyone is planning and having a great summer. I'll try to update more often, I promise...




2 comments:

Bobette said...

Cute pictures Michelle! Sorry I missed you on the way home. We were all so tired. Thanks for letting Andrew stay. He'd like Owen to sleep over so we'll have to chat about that. Have a fun reunion.

K-Krew said...

Glad you're back. I've missed you.
I love your little redheads. Owen reminds me of a little Huck Finn with his missing teeth and freckles.

I'm sure the tooth fairy will get it down soon enough. I know ours did. Once I put one of our dog's teeth under my pillow. Instead of quarters I found a Milkbone dog biscuit under my pillow.

Enjoy your family reunion.