Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Bathing in socks & 4 is my lucky #


One of my least favorite things to do as a mom is bath my kids.  It's such a huge undertaking and in addition to making a huge mess it really tests my patience.  I've finally resorted to bathing them separately most of the time just to keep my sanity.  The other night I was trying to get Owen in the bathtub, but Aidan wanted to get in instead and in a hurry to get him in, I stripped him and forgot to take off his socks.  I didn't realize it until Owen and Aidan were laughing loudly about it and I went to check on them.  I had to laugh and then stop Owen from getting some of his socks to bath in.  I did have to take a photo because I thought it was pretty silly and this one says it all.


Owen, my 4 year old, loves being 4.  He even told me that he doesn't want to be 5, he wants to stay 4.  Why not, 4 is a great number?  One day I took him with me to weigh in at Weight Watchers and for fun he stepped on the scale.  And guess how much he weighed?  44lbs.  Then we were visiting my parents and Owen was out helping my brother Christopher who was laminating his table.  He had his measuring tape and measured Owen.  And how tall was he?  44 in.  How often does that happen?  It probably doesn't happen very often.  I thought it was quite a coincidence and will have to document (scrapbook) this event.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute! Bath time is a lot of work. I usually just let Harli take a bath while I clean the bathroom. Then she's not in my way but I'm still right there to watch her. :D Harli once climbed in the tub fully dressed while the water was running for her bath. It was a pain to have to take her wet clothes off.

On another note - I have decided to set my blog to "private". I wasn't sure what email address you used to log in to blogspot so if you'll send it to me (at snuffy770@comcast.net) I will add you to the list of allowed readers.

Thanks!

Bobette said...

That reminds me of when I found Andrew and Owen playing in the bathtime fully dressed! AAAAh! Oh how fun it would be to be 4 again.