Saturday, March 15, 2008

Saturdays...


I can't believe that I haven't written for a whole week!  Aidan was sick for about three days with the flu or the rotavirus.  He threw up for a whole day and night and then I gave him too much to drink and eat the next day so he threw that up too.  It's been so sad because he's been so sad looking, not my little boy.  I felt so bad because he was crying for food and a drink and I couldn't give him any yet.   I told Jared that I was grateful that we had food and water and weren't starving.  I realized seeing our kids starve would be really hard.  I felt for those people who have to do that everyday in this world, (huh, Matthew).  Anyways, today Aidan is finally feeling better and coming back to his normal self.  He's not staying in his bed tonight, so I know he's getting well.  


Now that today is Saturday and it's been a long, tough week, I thought maybe I could do some of the things that I've really wanted to do:  shopping for clothes, scrapbook or watch a good movie.  BUT NO!  I have recently realized that my Saturdays are not very laid back anymore.  Does anyone have this problem or is it just me?  I  look forward to it all week because Jared is home to help with the boys and I think, "I'm going to relax and do something that I want to do."  But all I end up doing is cleaning, dishes, cooking, kids, laundry and most of the time, grocery shopping.  I always swear I'm not going to shop on Saturday in the madness, but I always find myself there.    I've got to figure something else out so that I can enjoy my Saturdays again.

Our house is coming along well, it's pretty much got a roof on it.  Here is a pict of it a few days ago.

Hope all is well with everyone.  Have a good week and hopefully we can get some more great weather this week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read the book "Happy Housewives" by Darla Shine. I LOVED LOVED LOVED it. She's a little over the top on some things, but she has some great time management ideas. I now follow a cleaning schedule and make time each day to relax. I'm also able to enjoy my weekends more - I still have to maintain my house on the weekends, but no major cleaning. I've heard that people either really enjoy her book or they're really offended by it. I liked it.

Melia said...

Holy cow, Michelle your house is coming along so fast. I am sorry to hear that there has been sickness. It is so hard to watch our kids be sick.

Hooray for heath and food.

Bobette said...

I can't believe how fast the house is coming! Yeah!! I think I have the same problem with shopping on Saturday. I always try to do it earlier in the week, but it never fails that there's something that I need to pick up. Can't wait to see more pics of the house.