Sunday, March 2, 2008

Sick and tired...

Here is a quick pict of our hole.  It's coming along quite nicely.  They have framed the basement as much as needed to put in our floor boards next week.  It's exciting to see it come along (I'll probably say that more than once).


This past weekend and week, Jared had to go to Georgia for a work conference.  He tried to get me a ticket, but it was too expensive.  I would have loved to have gone to the part of Georgia  I haven't seen.  Jared didn't have a great time.  He was lonely and not too impressed with Savannah.  The only thing that interested him was seeing the ocean and the fact that there used to be pirates there.  

The boys and I were able to visit for a short time with Jared's brother, Tommy, and his family, and we were off to Vernal to visit my family.  The boys have fun with Grandma and Papa, Jordan, Jeremy, Christopher and Emily.  Emily spoils Owen and he LOVES it!  Grandma and Grandpa Merkley always have treats and love to see "their boys".  

Unfortunately, after being there a couple of days, Owen got sick and Aunt Emily did, too.  Owen was quite unpleasant to everyone and they felt bad.  That is Owen.  He is not a very nice sick boy.  It was funny one morning when Owen came in crying.  I asked him what was wrong and he said "I wost (lost) my boice (voice)."  He said he didn't think he would get it back.  As I tried to supress a chuckle, I had to reassure him it happens to everyone and he WOULD get it back.  Luckily, he believed me.  Then after we came home, poor Aidan got sick.  We've had a rough couple of nights.  Luckily they both weren't really sick more than two days.  I really hope we are on the mend and neither Jared nor I get the sick bug.  **Emily, we hope that you get tons better this week too!

So to all of this I am quite tired.  I need a good night sleep.  I want to be out of our tiny apartment.  AND it snowed yesterday and I am tired of snow.  Winter was fun, but now it's spring and I'm ready for snow to be gone, so we can go out and play.  I'm really missing St. George right now and wish there was some way we could come and play with all of our friends.  (I miss you!)

I hope no one gets this yucky bug, and if you do, just stay in bed!  Hope it's a great week for all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's actually going up quite fast. How exciting!

Bobette said...

Hey, don't worry about getting a bday gift. Andrew has finally figured out how to say O-when. Now, he says it's not Ollen it's o-when.

Anonymous said...

I want to see more pictures of the progress of your new home.

Emily said...

I wish the drive wasn't so long, and I would come steal your boys for a few days. Hang in there on the 'terrible twos'. Love ya!