Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day!





Go Green! 

I don't think I have celebrated this day for quite awhile (I used to be such a party pooper!), so today I decided we were going out as much as we could!  We all wore green today.  Owen didn't understand why, so I just told him it was "green" day and he was OK with that.  Here is a pict of our beautiful green cupcakes we made for FHE.  The boys had green grapes, green jello with marshmellows and green rolls for dinner--I know real healthy.  Poor Jared, he had to eat a chicken sandwich on a green roll.  It's all fun!
Tonight for FHE, Jared decided to dye eggs.  We haven't ever done that yet, and rightly so.  Jared gave us a little lesson on the Resurrection which Owen understood and actually knew from Primary.  (It's nice to know my child is picking something up in Primary.)  Then it was time to dye eggs.  I didn't think it would be such a big deal and would be fun for us.  Jared was getting the dye ready for the dipping and Owen was so anxious to be able to help and ripped open one of the dye bags.  Then Aidan, faster than I could react, grabbed the bowel of red dye and dumped it all over the table, the floor and himself.  I wasn't worried about the table, but it got all over our kitchen, multipurpose floor and even got a few splashes on the carpet.  Luckily we got everything clean, except the carpet and clothes.  Needless to say, we  ended up having a divided FHE for a little while until almost all the eggs were dyed.  I got to dye a few eggs and Owen and Jared had fun.  Always something to remember.  We definitely have left our mark here in Aggie Village!
I hope you all had a great green day and you didn't get pinched.  And happy dying to those of you who haven't yet!

1 comment:

Tailona said...

Ok so you are going to have to show me how to make one of these pages. It is so dang cute. Anyways it appears as though you truly had a green day. I love it. THose boys are so cute. I love having them play with Drake. Drake talks about them all the time. The house is looking so great. I bet you are counting the days