Thursday, April 17, 2008

Birthday and Run



Well first off, yesterday was Jared's birthday.  He's now the big 35!  He thinks he's old, but he's not really.  His work surprised him yesterday with lunch and a party.   They overheard him talking to Owen on the phone, the day before, about his birthday being tomorrow.  Then they stole his phone, got my phone number to call me and confirm.  He didn't think anyone knew, but then started to suspect when surprise meetings popped up and everyone in the office vacated right before noon.  He's too observant.  We showed up for the party afterwards for a little while.  Aidan was going nuts with the Olympus water dispenser, cups were everywhere and he kept pulling the water knobs.  Owen was happy typing away on his computer--"working".  They liked riding the bus to dad's work and back.  Pretty exciting for a 2 and 4 year old.  Then later we had a party with his sister, Tailona, and my sister, Tiffany.  Owen absolutely refused to eat cake until we opened presents.  For his presents, Jared got a two new race cars (one on the cake) and some levi's.  He's old ones have to go!  He had a good day he said.  We love him and are grateful for all he does for our family.  He's a fantastic dad and husband.


The other thing is... I was going to run a 5 k on Tuesday night for A-week.  But the weather turned awful--rain, snow and wind.  SO instead, that night at my fit club, I ran "Michelle's 5k-fun run".  I finished in about 42 minutes and I realized that it's not so fun.  I did good for about 2 miles, but that last mile was pretty tough.  And I am feeling it.  But I was proud of myself for doing it.  I debated because I didn't think I was ready, but I knew if I didn't do it now, then I'd regret it.  I am glad I did.  It's the most I have EVER run in my entire life at one time (as far as I know).  So here I am, 33 and being able to run 3.2 miles.  Not bad, I'd say!  At least for me.  Now the hard part will be keeping it up.  I did realize that running a 5k and a marathon or a half sounds fun, but it's not really my thing.  I'd rather stick to volleyball, aerobics, kickboxing and that kind of thing.  I like that.  Now if I could find somewhere to learn how to ballroom dance...

Have a good weekend!  I'm off to scrap!

No comments: