Thursday, April 3, 2008

This one's for you, Russ!

If you don't already know, my husband is a big Nascar fan.  He loves to watch the race every Sunday and sometimes Saturday.  He likes Tony Stewart (Home Depot car), Dale Jarrett (UPS car), Dale Jr. (now that he's not driving the Budweiser car), and Kevin Harvick (Shell car).  I like to watch it with him sometimes.  It usually lulls me into a nice nap on Sunday afternoon.  I still haven't decided on which car and driver I like the best.  I told Jared they really need a Wal-Mart car because that's where most of our money goes!  During the last race, Owen found the McDonald's car and cheers now for it along with the M&M's car.  Aidan loves to play with the race cars and Nascar haulers that Jared bought.  I guess it has turned into a family affair.


So today when I drove by Lowes and saw that the #17 Dewalt (Matt Kenseth) car was there, I had to call and tell him.  Of course, he had to take a lunch break to go see it.  So we picked him up from work and took the boys to see it and take a picture or 10.  They liked it and it was cool to see what the car looks like on the inside.

Jared misses talking Nascar during Sunday School with his Cotton Mill buddies--Russ and Jason.  So after I took this picture, Jared said, "This one's for you, Russ!"

No comments: