Monday, April 7, 2008

Quiet weekend





This weekend, Owen took a ride with my sister to my mom's house (Vernal).  It was quiet, just what I needed.  Jared didn't even make me cook and we even got to sleep in a little.  Owen had a blast at grandma's playing with them and helping Christopher and Emily build their house.  He loves to help and work.  They gave him a little tool belt.  Pretty nifty!  I told him that it was my scrapbook belt, but he said, "No".


I listened to a little bit of Conference.  I have the hardest time sitting and listening.  Saturday morning I ended up cleaning the bathroom after a little accident.  I caught bits and pieces of the other sessions.  I did sit down and listen to Elder M. Russell Ballard's talk to young mothers.  Something that I sorely needed to hear to fill my bucket and that it did.  I am so grateful to get the Ensign, so I can read and reread it.  I think I need to be more like Mary (from the New Testament) and just sit and listen.

Aidan watched Toy Story and Cars several times this weekend, while we did what we wanted.   I did some scrapbooking...finally!  I had a lot of fun.  I only got 4 pages done, but I take forever to do a page!  It takes me a little while to figure a layout, whether scraplifted or not.  But most of my time is taken on trying to figure out which accents to use and where they need to go.  It just kind of comes after lots of looking and refiguring.  But I'm proud of the pages.  I think they turned out good.  I tried to do some new things on a couple of pages--like have some shape and not just always square and using my own handwriting for title and journaling!  I decided to put them on my blog for you all to see.  This will be the first time I'm published! ! ;)

I  am excited that I get to go to the Scrapbook USA Expo this weekend.  I hope to see lots of stuff and have fun scrapping.  If any of you are going to show up, let me know!  I'd love to see you.  I'll probably be there Friday and Saturday.  Jared took Friday off so I could go.  What a great husband!!  Love you, babe!  Here is the link if anyone is interested:  Scrapbook USA Expo

We should have some more updates on our house.  It got sheet rocked on Friday and Saturday and the brick is waiting to be put up and the siding should be finished.  So look for updates on our house blog:  house blog.

I hope that everyone has a great day today!  Do something fun!

3 comments:

Melia said...

Love the scrapbook pages. You are an inspiration. Congrats on your beautiful house. It is such fun to watch it come together.

Bobette said...

I'm starting to get homesick for the Johnson family reading your blog. Your pages look great! I can't wait to show Andrew. He will love seeing the two of them together. I've always wanted to go to Scrapbook USA. I'm sure you will have the best time ever. I enjoy watching your home completion step by step. I can't wait to see your interior design work in the future. Have a good day!

Bobette said...

Andrew says, "I have a fun time playing with you. Have a fun time and I want to come to your house sometime and I will spend time with you. I'll send you a card sometime. Have fun."

From Happy Andrew Davis